Monday, June 1, 2009

Couch School

Teacher got to experiment with relaxed methods today. Seriously, what a blessing to have freedom to NOT have a desk setting, but still learn.  Do kids realize that learning can be accomplished WITHOUT a desk? 
Well, student is still tired from the big BEATLES performance this past weekend, and she requested to sleep until she woke herself up, today.  What a question! What a wish for so many people I know! Well, when I can say yes, it sure brings joy to do so, and I did. 
Beginning with our Money-Changer lesson from the Bible Times in the temple, student enjoys picking out her own key words from the story and writing them. It only took a handful of lessons for her to decide that she needed more say of the words she picked, not so much help from teacher, please!
We moved on to a math money worksheet, and tagging items from toddler's room and proceeding to count enough to purchase them. 
Finishing up with drawings of the temple money, roman money and today's currency, student is ready for some backyard time. So goes our fun on the couch, and learning, too.
We are holding onto the 50 State unit until our 2nd pupil returns in a week.

New Addition: Completed Work Drawer for Daddy to check, in addition to the blog, when he returns home to us after work each day. They have already been checked for accuracy, and stickered by student! But, Daddy and student can discuss together and share!

Student's view: Tonight is my first audition. I am going to violin camp. I like playing violin.  My favorite song is , oh boy, variation of twinkle, is Popcorn & Ice Cream. 

I learned in Bible Time, about in the Temple families having to pay taxes to greedy money-changers. I learned about the coins, too. That they used back then. 

I drew a picture of the coins that the people used in Bible times and the coins that we use today! I did a math page and it was kinda cool, because, I learned about coins and talked about them, and also did them in math. My homeschool was mostly about money. 

Followers