Friday, November 6, 2009

Wisdom Search

Student awoke bright and early, with a negative attitude. After she sulked for some time, she realized that the enemy would not want her to have the joy that would come from reading The Holy Word, and up she went! Teeth brushed and notebook open and Bible in-hand!

I remember being a Student in school and trying to figure out my own way of note-taking that would work for me. Student just went with it, and this is what she came up with!

Photobucket

We talked about prayer, and the ACTS method.
Adoration
Confession
Thankfulness
Supplication

She only needed help catching the first verse, and from then on, she picked out the significant verses that paralleled with what she asked wisdom from God. And she recorded the following:
Psalm 5:8b
"Lead me in Your right path."
Psalm 5:3
"...I pray in the morning. I wait in hope..."
Psalm 5:4
"You hate all things that are evil..."
Psalm 5:11
"...Let all who go to You for safety be glad!"

I thank God for this new excitement and realization that God has a plan and can work through even a six-year-old. Ruby Bridges has a dynamic faith that helped bring Student's to a new level. Thanks, God, for always working! Amen

And for the rest of homeschool, Student has been substituting as I am sick, now. With a sick Teacher, there are measurements to be taken: The Mascot is precisely 2.5 large- lincoln- logs- long. His eyebrow and hand are both 1 short- lincoln- log- long.





Followers