Thursday, November 5, 2009

Just Stories No More

A day of sunshine and new promises. What better day for homeschool?

Photobucket

Math, yes. History, yes. Reading, yes. Cursive, yes. Phonics, yes. Language, yes. But why again do we homeschool?

Student returned home from Awana with new insight and promises. She informed me that there were more than just stories in The Holy Bible, and that she wants to read it for what God has for her. She wants Him to,
"I don't know how to say it. But He has a quest for me. I think it all started with the Ruby Bridges book Mrs. Dayna sent me. I think it may connect to the family, and that we all have a test. I want to wake up and read my Bible tomorrow. If I am tired, Mom, just wake me and get me up! I want to know what quest God has for me."

What does a mother say to that? Just let the tears roll and praise The God above for creating her with a heart after His. A heart desiring to obey...I am so grateful. And to this we know, this is why we Homeschool. To nurture and admonish our children in the ways of The Lord. Can't wait for our morning Wisdom Search!


Followers