Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Violin Fun

Because there are days that God sends His little interruptions, as a teacher, one must let go of rigid schedules. What blessings we have come to know already this week! Friends stopping by offering blessings, prayers and filling needs! Praise be to God!

This Autumn air has been welcomed with much bicycling today! Both Student and Toddler have peddled there way into the breeze.

As for our studies, violin was a FUN focus today, as Student is learning a new song! This sample is the first 1/3 of the song! She likes the part designated as the "chimp tale"! Only her super teacher Mrs. S can truly know what this means! :)





And, our combo dot flashcards are working well. Student now has an interest in dominoes, as these cards we made look like giant ones. Seatwork reinforces these skills in Math, and today we had less pages than usual! What student would complain about that?!

We read in History from the longest chapter in Genesis today: ch 24. Student kept her eye on the pages in between Toddler's jumping and flapping...no there weren't any chickens in our lesson today, but Toddler was a close second!

Student says: I miss Daddy. I like remembering him and looking at our family picture we did together, Mama. I know he'll be home tomorrow, but I still really miss him! I hope Daddy will drive home safe, and I prayed that he would. That he will will not feel down about his long day at work. I miss him, and I hope he misses me.

Followers