Thursday, July 16, 2009

Fine Motor SKills

Student had a day without Pupil, so girl-time and cuddly reading prevailed!

We got to pull all the tabs, remove all of the hidden features and read all about minerals today, as part of our Space unit. We practiced looking for items in the dictionary, and easily understood the concept of alphabetical.

And, even more exercise for those First Grade fingers, Student continued on her cross-stitch flower for the baby. She is using the pattern from my Grandmother Darlene's cross-stitch rose quilt on our bed. She has continued a design that has now been through 3 generations! I just love sewing! Could it be anymore rewarding to see her loving the things I love?! Truly, I pray she loves that which our Father loves, and hates that which He hates.

Student: I learned that rubies are found in Burma, and I found it on the globe. I am a mineral! And, strongest, most valuable mineral is diamonds.

Followers